Saturday, October 10, 2015

Get Some Bread or Give Some Bread and Support Our Orphan Hosting!

I've been trying to come up with an idea to get more awareness and support of orphan hosting going while generating income, and feel the Lord has given me this vision:



Get Some Bread


OR


   Give Some Bread!




Bread is a staple to life.  We all love to eat it and enjoy it over the table.  Another staple to life is experiencing the love of a family.  In order to understand the love of God, we as humans created in His image need to experience that love in order to understand how God loves us.

I grew up in a home-based bakery.  When I was growing up my mom baked and sold bread, and I learned a thing or two about baking sourdough bread from her.  This is my third year selling bread, but this year it will be with a different purpose.





"L" Needs to Come Home Again!

I want to work this holiday season with a purpose: to earn the approximate $3,200.00 in fees it costs to bring "L" into our home this Christmas.  I can't think of a better reason to be baking.









So...You Want Some Bread?

Want to Give Some Bread Away to Someone in Need?

In the past I've had lots of inquiries by people out of the area to buy bread products.  Unfortunately it is difficult to ship freshly baked bread around the country, but you can give bread and help an orphan at the same time!  When you make a tax-deductible donation specifically for "L" on New Horizon's For Children's website,  I will then personally bake that dollar amount of bread. Depending on the week, I will deliver the bread to a need in my community.  It would be one of these places:

- a local church meal serving ministry
-a local prison outreach program
-a public nursing home facility
- a grocery-delivering ministry at Christmas
-OR I will deliver it myself to a needy family and personally have the chance to share the love of Christ and the Gospel message with them this Christmas season.  

This gives me a chance to minister to others, but YOU are supporting us while I do it!  It's a WIN-WIN!

The size of your gift will directly go to the quantity of loaves/pans of rolls that it would buy, no matter how small or large.  I can make 35 pans a day, so big donations mean a mini-van load of bread will be going out that week!

Please don't hesitate to share this page with others and direct them to my Facebook Page, Christmas From Scratch Baking Event, to see what's going on week by week in this bread-baking venture/ministry!


I will be giving step by step instructions on how to donate to New Horizons with "L"s code number so it will fund her hosting and you can receive a tax-deductible receipt for your support.  We will periodically be made aware of the total amount given for "L"s hosting and every donor's identity will be kept anonymous. 


****If you love sourdough bread and live locally, of course don't hesitate to order it for you and your family!  My prices will be the same as last year.


Here's an itemized list of items for sale:

Sourdough loaf of bread (typical loaf size): $7.00
Sourdough dinner rolls (pan of 8 regular or 12 mini-sized for making
finger sandwiches): $5.00
Sourdough cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing and optional pecans (pan of 8 regular or 12 mini-sized for bite-sized treats): $7.00 *****


I am so excited to see how this event will bless others, including those who are going to be giving and eating this bread!  I am also excited about the message of orphan hosting spreading to people and places where it otherwise wouldn't reach.  Orphan ministry is close to my heart, and so is sharing the love of Christ.  These two passions will go hand in hand this Christmas season!  Let's keep my oven baking all through October, November and December!


John 6:35:  Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never by hungry again.  Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."





No comments:

Post a Comment